Visit Wareham… It’s a town for all seasons!
Wareham Saxon Festival
Celebrate Wareham’s amazing history!
Visit Wareham is putting on a day of Saxon fun at the Swanage & Wareham Rugby Football Club grounds on Bestwall Road. A celebration of the unique heritage of Wareham!
With a large Viking army camp at one end of the grounds and a Saxon one at the other – what could possibly go wrong? The Siege of Wareham AD 875 again?!
Wareham Saxon Festival – What’s On …
• Living history displays including have-a-go sessions and activities for kids.
• Reenactments and displays by Saxon and Viking warriors
• History talks & stories to entertain – some with fire breathing dragons!
• Food & Drink. Good variety of delicious food stalls – including roast suckling pig, pizzas, burgers etc (or bring your own picnic!).Plus the Rugby Club bar will be open!
• Arts and crafts stalls
• Live music and entertainment! From Wareham Town Band, The Bovington Military Wives Choir and the Wareham Whalers.
• FREE PARKING!
Please Note: CHANGE TO EVENT – NO FIREWORKS – Although fireworks were planned the organizers have taken the decision to withdraw them due to the increased fire risk caused by the dry weather. BBQs ARE NOT allowed on the Festival site but you are welcome to bring a picnic.
The event is in support the ‘Friends of MS Purbeck’
Friends of MS Purbeck is a project of Swanage and Purbeck Development Trust, Company Ltd by Guarantee – 8743407. Charity Number 1162662.
BUY TICKETS ONLINE or in Wareham at A.F. Joy, 35 North Street and Not Just Sundaes Community Cafe at Trinity Church, South Street. Ticket prices (£10.00 adults / £5.00 children / £15.00 family – 2 adults and 2 children