Visit Wareham… It’s a town for all seasons!
Tank Museum Summer holiday fun
Special activities, games and exhibitions for the Summer!
The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life. Experience the biggest day out in history with 100 years of history, 300 tanks, kids activities, and more at Dorset’s largest indoor attraction! This summer get involved with hands-on games, interactive activities plus a chance to see tanks roar round the arena, and experience a tracked vehicle rides.
See armoured vehicles roar round the arena
• Every weekday during the holidays, Monday 25 July – Monday 29 August inclusive
• Expert commentary on how armoured vehicles work together on the battle field
• Opportunity to get involved
• Lifelike explosions
• Meet the crew afterwards
Get into the arena yourself with a vehicle ride.
• Available 23 July – 4 September
• Weekdays 1030-1200 & 1345-1630 and weekends 1030-1200 & 1300-1630
• Ride in a real tracked vehicle – a Cold War M548 troop carrier
• £4 per person or £13.50 for a family of four, pay on the day
• Visitors must be over 1.25m tall
There’s loads of family fun at The Tank Museum!
• Specially for the Summer Holidays, there will be family friendly item activities every day from 1000-1200 and 1400-1600, including dressing up, model building and handling collection items.
• Our ten powerful exhibitions are full of interactives suitable for all ages, with games, puzzles, and hands-on activities
• Children can explore with our free Commander Basil trail and activity book, and win a prize for collecting all the stamps
• Free soft play and colouring in the Cold War Hall
• Dressing up, trails and talks throughout the Museum
• Watch History Hit films on WW2 tanks, 30 July – 7 August
Prices 16.00 adult / 9.00 child. Check website for more options plus online discounted tickets.