Visit Wareham… It’s a town for all seasons!
Tank Museum: Easter Fun For The Whole Family
Tank displays, kids’ activities, book launch, and more!
The Tank Museum brings the story of tanks and their crews to life. Experience the biggest day out in history with 300 tanks, explosive live displays, kids’ activities, and more at Dorset’s largest indoor attraction.
This Easter’s activities are themed around our brand new kids’ book – You Wouldn’t Want to Be in a Tank in World War Two! – created in collaboration with Salariya. Aimed at ages 7+, the book is filled with fun cartoons and facts to teach children about military history and will be launching exclusively at The Tank Museum during the Easter Holidays.
• Open daily 9am-5pm, 9 – 24 April
• Live tank displays on weekdays 11 – 21 April and Easter Sunday
• Ride around the arena in a tracked vehicle 9-22 April
• Free Easter trail, 4 – 22 April, with a chocolatey prize!
• Exclusive book launch
• Interactive WW2-themed kids’ activities
• The Tank Museum has collaborated on a new children’s book, launching exclusively during the Easter Holidays. Buy your copy of You Wouldn’t Want to Be in a Tank in World War Two! in the Museum shop.
• Discover how you can float a 30 tank in our hands-on activity “You Wouldn’t Want to Be in a Sherman DD Tank.”
• Find out about tanks that lay carpets and bridges in our “You Wouldn’t Want to Be in a Funny Tank” activity.
• New children’s interactives in our Tank Story Hall! Giant Top Trumps, destroy your opponent’s tank in Tactical Training, make a Tank of the Future with Cobi, climb inside a mock Centurion’s driver’s seat, sort the tools in our Chieftain Tool Bench, and make a Memorable Mascot out of fuzzy felt.
• Free themed colouring and soft play in the Cold War Hall.
Prices: 16.00 adults / 9.00 children on the door (discounts for booking online).