Tank Museum 100 Birthday Baking Battle with Syabira Yusoff
Join us for our 100th Birthday Baking Battle, featuring Great British Bake-Off 2022 winner Syabira Yusoff.
Celebrate with cake at The Tank Museum’s 100th Birthday!
If you love baking this could be the perfect day for you! Join The Tank Museum for their 100th Birthday Baking Battle, featuring Great British Bake-Off 2022 winner Syabira Yusoff.
For their 100th birthday, they’re celebrating cakes, with a baking photo competition judged by Bake-Off winner Syabira, meet and greet, baking fair, and more!
Submit a photo of your tank-shaped or novelty cake for a chance to win a half-day Chewton Glen cookery experience day, plus all entrants get free Tank Museum entry to the event. Event visitors can meet Syabira Yusoff, share our 100th birthday cake with us, hear about WWII rationing, and buy baked treats from a baking fair.
– Baking photo competition – enter for free
– Meet & Greet with Syabira Yusoff – 10am-12pm
– Winner announcement 1pm
– All competition entrants get free entry to event
– Baking fair
– 100th Birthday Cake
– Annual Passes valid
The winner of the 2022 series of The Great British Bake Off, Syabira Yusoff surprised and delighted the judges with her unusual flavour combinations and imaginative bakes. Although Syabira has been cooking since she was 12, she only started baking in 2017, making a Red velvet cake to remind her of friends she missed in Malaysia, where she was born and raised. She soon discovered she had a talent for baking and began giving a Malaysian twist to British classics. Syabira’s interest in tanks comes from online gaming, and she has even visited The Tank Museum to see them in real life.
How to Enter the Baking Competition
– Entry is free, and all entrants will get free entry to the event on the 26 February. All you need to do is submit a photo of your cake, and a photo with you and the cake. Can’t attend the event? Don’t worry, you can still enter the competition – the Tank Museum will contact the winner via email as well.
– The competition is completely free to enter, all you need to do is submit two pictures of your best novelty or tank-shaped cake.
– The cake doesn’t have to made specially for this competition! If you’ve made a cake you’re really proud of in the past, you can still enter – as long as you have some photos of it.
– If there are small non-edible decorations or non-edible supports, that is absolutely fine – as long as the majority is cake.
– ‘Novelty Cake’ can be of absolutely anything (no military theme required) including but not limited to objects, landscapes, buildings and more.
– The competition is open to entrants of all ages – if there is a high number of entrants under 18, a separate children’s prize will be offered.
– You can enter a maximum of two cakes into the competition.
– Only one entrant is permitted per cake. These can be two tank cakes, two novelty cakes, or one of each!
– This is a family-friendly competition – any entries which we consider to be offensive or vulgar will be disqualified.
– Entries close at midnight on Sunday 19th February.
– Judging will take place at the 100th Birthday Baking Battle on 26 February. Every entrant gets free entry to The Tank Museum on that day, and if the entrant is under 16, they can bring an accompanying adult for free.
– The winner will be announced during the event, but the Tank Museum will notify you by email as well.
Entry price to the Tank Museum is £19.00 adults / £10.50 child with discounts if you pre-book online. Check The Tank Museum website for more details.