Swanage Railway Open Weekend
Explore behind the scenes…
Swanage Railway Open Weekend takes place on February 11th and 12th. They will be running their Heritage DMU alongside their Steam service, with a twist…you can ride the entire length of their line up to the boundary with the mainline near Worgret Junction! This service is available at no extra charge provided you have already purchased a return ticket for the day or a freedom of the line ticket. So why not take advantage of this and get those extra miles in on an area of the railway which is seen much less frequently?
Plus they are offering various activities including…
– Ride behind one of their Steam locomotives from Swanage to Norden & return
– Visit the signal box and signalling museum at Corfe Castle
– Driver for a Fiver on one of their Class 08 Diesels (Now sold out)
– Visit the footplate of one of their other steam locomotives at Swanage Station
– Visit their Goods Shed where some of their carriage restoration takes place in Swanage
Ride the full length of the Swanage branch line on our Heritage DMU!
All activities are open from 1000 – 1600, subject to availability.
Located a short drive from Wareham, the Swanage Railway is the perfect place to enjoy a great family day out on Dorset’s Jurassic Coast. The heritage railway tourism attraction operates full-size steam and diesel passenger trains along the five and a half miles of line from Norden to Corfe Castle and down to the traditional seaside town of Swanage. Find out more about Swanage Railway.
Return tickets from £3.50 – £18.00 Adult / £1.75-£9.00 child (depending on station).